Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Reading.

As I mentioned in my last post, this last week was nuts and my reading shows that.  I didn't read as much as I normally do but I did take a million exams, so I guess that's something.  Anyway!  It's quality over quantity, right?

In last week's Reading post, I told you all that I was a few chapters into The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin.  Let me tell you something, I read that book so quickly, albeit with one eye closed because of the creepiness, but still.  I tore it up... and I mean that in the good, eating cake really fast way and not the page ripping kind of way.  Michelle Hodkin wrote a fantastic book, even though there is a cliffhanger, and it borders on bothering me just because I still don't know who in the eff Mara Dyer is, I liked it.  So I guess if you're going to write a cliffhanger, write it like this one.  Great book.  I can't wait for the next one.

I also read Nightshade by Andrea Cremer and really enjoyed the read.  I have that sinking feeling that I may not like how this story will turn out because I'm firmly on the opposite side of the guy the MC ends up with in Nightshade, but I still enjoyed the book a lot.  The second book, Wolfsbane came out this summer, so I'm going to check that out soon.  The third in the series, Bloodrose, is out in January.

And that was it.  I only read two books this week.  But like I said, there was life and all of the things that needed to be done.  I'm trying to revise a lot and hopefully doing a lot of beta reading, so we'll see how much reading I get done besides that this week.

So, what are you reading now? TELL ME. ::ahem::  Thank you. :)

Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment