Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What's Up Wednesday

What’s Up Wednesday is a weekly meme started by Jaime Morrow and Erin Funk that allows us to touch base with blog friends and let them know what's going on in our crazy writer lives.

What I'm reading

Three words, you guys: THE DREAM THIEVES. Oh man. So, I'm not sure if I've talked about my favorite book that I read last year, but it was THE RAVEN BOYS by Maggie Stiefvater. Following at a close second was THE SCORPIO RACES by Maggie Stiefvater. As you might be able to tell, I have a thing for Maggie's books. I've never read something and been so overwhelmed with how pretty the sentences and paragraphs are but these books do it to me every time. I actually took a picture of one paragraph and saved it in my phone as "What Character Descriptions Should Be Like!" Maggie just has a way with words and THE DREAM THIEVES, which is the follow-up to THE RAVEN BOYS is everything I hoped it would be. I'm a little bit obessesed. Just in case you couldn't tell.

Read them!

What I'm Writing

I'm still working my way through edits, trying to strengthen it wherever I can. I love this book so much, but honestly, I'm not sure I planned for anyone else to read it when I wrote it. I just wanted to write something different from what I normally do. I grinned and giggled a lot while drafting it and it's probably the most fun I've had writing a book. Which says something because there is probably nothing else in the world I love doing more than writing the first draft of a new book. I need to get it done though because The New Idea was ok'd and I'm ready to roll with it for NaNoWriMo!

What Else I've Been Up To

I probably picked the wrong season to do this, but I've been dragging myself back to the gym these days. Maybe it's because all I want to do is eat and bake and bake and eat, and if I don't go to the gym I wont be able to fit through the front door, but it's happening. I'm not one of those people who loves the way I feel after the gym (normally just tired) or feel a runner's high (I'm convinced it's a myth made up by personal trainers) but the big 2-9 is coming up, so that's motivation enough.
 
What Inspires Me Right Now


I think writing is what's really inspiring me right now. As I've mentioned here, I'm working a lot and last week I didn't have a chance to write or edit at all until the weekend. When I was finally able to sit down and put words together, it was almost like I exhaled. It just feels right, which sounds cheesy but it's true. Hell, I'll take my Writer's High over a Runner's High any day. ;)


What's up with your Wednesday?

2 comments:

  1. I adore Maggie's books too! I started running again a month or so ago and now that I'm getting ready for NaNo I'm wondering what I was thinking lol but I'm about to turn 29 too and I have it in my head that I want to finish my 20's in shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE DREAM THIEVES is my reward when I finally finish my rewrite. Still so, so close, but stupid day job is holding me up!

    ReplyDelete