Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What's Up Wednesday

What’s Up Wednesday is a weekly meme started by Jaime Morrow and Erin Funk that allows us to touch base with blog friends and let them know what's going on in our crazy writer lives.

What I'm reading

I've been so excited to answer this question because I've actually been reading! It struck me the other day that I hadn't read DIVERGENT by Veronica Roth yet and I figured it was time to remedy that. I think the reason I kept pushing it back is because I wasn't a huge fan of THE HUNGER GAMES series and the two had been compared SO MUCH. But I really, really like these books. I'm halfway through INSURGENT now and so far, so good.

What I'm Writing

My latest edits are done, so now I can move on to semi-major revisions on another WIP. I luuurve this book and it always makes me happy to go back and hang out with characters when I've been away for a while. Is that weird? Don't answer that.

What Else I've Been Up To

My sister and my niece were in town from Delaware this past weekend for a big softball tournament my niece was invited to play in. I've talked about her before on here, but she's going into her senior year of high school and she's just such a good kid. I don't know where that came from because both my sister and I were hellions, but she's great.

We also ate a lot because all of our will power combined totally disappears when we're together, so it's back to the gym for me tomorrow.

What Inspires Me Right Now

Everything! I think it's the fact that I can feel Fall coming and I want to create and knit and write and create all the time. Work gets in the way, but I'm happy my brain is working this way right now. Hopefully this will be my best fall yet!

So. What are YOU up to?

2 comments:

  1. I still don't get all the comparisons between the Hunger Games and Divergent. They are both dystopians but the stories are not similar at all.

    Oh, and I find fall to be very inspiring too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read TSB revisions!!!

    ReplyDelete