Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Taking it easy.

So I think we've covered here before that I'm kind of an obsessive writer.  When I'm writing, I'm completely (okay, pretty much) incommunicado from my friends and family, and I normally knock out a first draft in about a month before I crawl back out, cringing from all of that natural light from the sun.

I'm trying something different right now.  I am casually writing a book.  Normally I shadow box, stretch and pump myself up for a knock down, drag out sort of experience but I'm going to see how this goes.  I think I look silly shadow boxing anyway.

What I'm working on is actually a sequel to one of my other books and I'm really only writing it because I woke up the other day with basically the whole plot in my mind, and that's not really something I can ignore, is it?  So I'm writing.  I haven't had to alert everyone that I'm writing a book with everything that means (read: don't call, don't visit.  I'll call you when I'm done) I'm just... writing it.  If I finish it soon, cool.  If I don't, that's fine too because I'm only writing it for me.  Which is actually what I do with all of my other books too, now that I think about it.

I'm also working on revisions to HOOD from NaNoWriMo, so this whole casual thing is breaking that up nicely. 

Hey!  If I can finish the casual book, write a new story this summer and then another for NaNo, I'll hit my three book goal for 2012!  Of course I'll be starting grad school in the fall and that might slow me down, but still!  I'll be close!

So, what are you working on?

2 comments:

  1. Ooohh...a sequel to which book??? Now I'm excited! Or do I already know this? My brain is confused this week b/c I've been doing tons of writing - yay! You'll probably have a draft to look at soon - I'm aiming to have it done by the end of next month (don't hold me to that, though...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesss! for your new WIP. I think I actually WILL hold you to your deadline. :) No pressure!

    ReplyDelete