Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The End and being thankful.

So I'm having trouble ending my current WIP.  Right now, I'm about five thousand or so words from finishing my NaNoWriMo project (3k from 50k!) and I've put it off for the last two days.  Tomorrow I'll finish it because I'm planning a major write-a-thon, but still.  I'm sad.

Because, you guys, I love my characters.  Oh boy, are they messed up.  They do things they shouldn't all the time and they have weaknesses that go for days but I love them SO much I almost don't want their story to end.  Seriously, my heart squeezes when I think about them.

But it does have to end, and I'm sure that if they were real, they would want it to end because I am a mean, mean writer who does horrible things to her characters and likes it.  I even have that whole evil laugh thing down.

But I still love them.

I was thinking earlier about Thanksgiving coming up in a few days and what I have to be thankful for, and obviously my family, friends, and especially my cats, top that list, but writing is so far up there as well. 

I joke with my friends all the time when they ask me what I've been up to and I tell them I'm creating worlds, what are THEY up to?  But it's true.  I create worlds, and maybe those worlds aren't published for everyone to read yet, but I live for the feedback and enjoyment from the people that do get to read them now, and most of all, I get to write them.  And love them.

I can't even tell you how thankful I am for that.

Happy Thanksgiving, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment