Thursday, August 4, 2011

Quick hello!

It's been over a month since I blogged last! How in the world did that happen?

Well, actually I know how.  For some reason I thought it would be smart/fun/a good idea to sign up for three intense summer courses (I'm desperate to graduate, really) and these courses basically stuff everything that you would learn in a full four month semester into one month.  It's not just my online friends who haven't seen me lately... no one has.

I haven't returned e-mails, I haven't tweeted as much and obviously, I haven't blogged.  So if you're waiting to hear from me, give me a day or two and I'll be back in action.  I'm currently procrastinating while I should be finishing a final project, and decided to post something to explain my absence.  So I'm not back for real quite yet.

A quick book/writing update:  Somehow, I found time to do my first round of revisions on MISFITS during these intense classes.  I still love this book and actually can't wait to dig into it for the second time... I'm thinking I'll end up doing three to four rounds, reading it a different way each time, whether on my Nook, laptop or on paper.  I have three weeks off before a very full, but not nearly as intense, fall semester starts and I'd like to be done revising by the end of August.

Also, while I'm revising MISFITS I'm working on a new WIP.  I swore on Twitter I wouldn't talk about it, but I'm among friends here, right?  Right.  So, the other night I accidentally sat down and wrote the first chapter of MISFITS 2.  I know, I know.  You shouldn't write a sequel to a book that hasn't been repped or sold yet.  I know.  But I've been in a tiny (read: HUGE) funk lately and while I sat around wondering what I could do to cheer myself up, I realized it was writing the next story for my MISFITS characters.  I'm only doing this for me, and I swear I'll write something new in November for NaNoWriMo.  MISFITS 2 is really just me wanting to write it, without thoughts of what will happen when I put MISFITS 1 out to agents.

Oh, wow... so this wasn't as quick of a post as I thought it would be.  I should go finish this project.  After that, I'll be back for good though.

I MISSED you all!

-Brandy

2 comments:

  1. Actually, Brandy, I beg to differ on the idea of not working on anything else until you have an agent. An agent is looking for someone who will keep bringing them work in a timely manner(but not so quickly that your quality suffers). So being able to see that you're working on new stuff is a good thing, I think. A lot of times, agents will check your blogs. Let them see someone who is always thinking a book ahead. Because they dont' make money unless YOU make money, and you don't make money unless you're writing :)

    And, writing IS therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ben! I'm always working on something. :) I've never written a sequel for one of my books though, so I'm a little iffy on that without having an agent/deal for the first one. I'm writing it for me though because you're right, writing is very therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete